Tips For Maintaining Clean Teeth
At Troutdale Dental, your smile is important to us. General dentistry includes preventative measures to maintain good oral health and beautiful teeth. Along with regular dental cleanings at our Troutdale, OR, dental office, the way you clean your teeth at home is incredibly important, too,
Here are some easy tips that can help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Invest in a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brushing too hard or with hard bristles can cause damage to your enamel and gums.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes. Electric toothbrushes have built-in timers that can aid with this.
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth twice per day and after meals if possible.
- Drink plenty of water, especially after eating.
- Floss once per day, and pay attention to hard-to-reach spots where food can get lodged.
- For a fresh feeling, brush your tongue.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can yellow your teeth and cause health issues.
- Call Troutdale Dental immediately if you feel any pain or notice bleeding. Addressing oral health issues early can help you avoid dental emergencies.
Most people may not know that dentists recommend replacing your toothbrush every three months or when the bristles start to look used. Since your toothbrush can carry germs, our Troutdale, OR dentists recommend replacing your toothbrush anytime you get sick or have an infection.
When to Visit Troutdale Dental
Excellent general dentistry involves biannual dental cleanings and at-home maintenance. If you notice any of the following symptoms, they could indicate oral health issues:
- Swollen gums
- Bleeding gums when you brush or floss
- Teeth that look longer
- Loose teeth
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Chronic bad breath or an unusual taste in your mouth
- Pain when yawning or chewing
Keeping your teeth and gums clean and healthy is easy when you settle into a daily routine. With good oral hygiene habits, you won’t have to spend any more time at Troutdale Dental than necessary.
Call our office at (503) 674-8767 with any questions or if you need to schedule an appointment!